help!

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by new2u, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. new2u

new2u Registered Member

I downloaded TDS to give it a try today. It found aksrvnt.exe and said it could be a possible keylogger.

I did a search on google in an attempt to see if I could find any information on this.

Does anyone here know what it could be?

The information shows. it is located in windows system32

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi new2u!

You are indeed new to us! :D Welcome to Wilders!

The file alerted on will likely be Anti-Keylogger. As long as you obtained and installed it from their homepage or a known-good source you can consider it a false positive.

Hope this helps :)

3. new2u

new2u Registered Member

Yes I am.. I thought the name would fit!!!

whew!! Thanks so much for your reply. That makes me feel a whole lot better.

I think I'm really going to like the TDS program. Once I understand how to read and operated it a bit more. LOL

The posts over here are full of great information.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello new2u and welcome!
    In the bottom console where you see the alert, rightclick on that file and choose file information to see more about it and it's location etc., especially look if there was a recent modification date for instance after your install of it.
    If it is indeed from the anti-keylogger which you installed yourself, it does surprise me TDS alarms on it as it was added to the database quite some time ago and normally should not get alarmed on or there should be some description.
    Did you after installing TDS update the database to the most recent one via the site?
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=update

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.