Help !!!!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by WilliamP, Dec 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Boy, have I got a mess . Downloaded the infamos update yesterday and started having all kinds of problems lost Outlook Express for a while,then it came back. Today could not connect to the internet at all. Removed NOD32. Computer rebooted and gave me a blue screen saying shutting down Windows and downloading physical memery to disk . It rebooted and seems ok . Of course NOD is gone. I EMailed Eset last night but so far no reoly.

2. sig

sig Registered Member

ESET today has a provided an update that should fix the problems caused by yesterday's program component update. See Jan's thread here: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=17589

I think NewNOD posted that he still has issues with his newsreader's NNTP connection, but the general internet connectivity issues seem to have been corrected by today's update.

3. WilliamP

I couldn't get to the internet without removing NOD. I tried doing a system restore to Sunday and I wound up with more of a mess. I have a NOD in the task bar that is red and disabled and I can't remove it. I tried to remove the program again and the uninstall fie is gone.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi WilliamP,

tomorrow, a new installer that includes PCU 2.000.8 is gonna be put on the Eset's website. Please download and install it. At any rate, it seems quite weird that the BSOD appeared even without NOD32 installed.

5. WilliamP

Now if I go into Add- Remove programs it shows up, but I can't remove it. I want to get it straight before I download another . Please help.

6. Marcos

Hi WilliamP,

it's a matter of the registry that NOD32 still appears in the Add/Remove program list. Something went wrong and causing the program to not uninstall properly (at least some entries were left in the registry). Try deleting the whole c:\program files\eset dir before installing it again.

7. WilliamP

I went into C drive Program files ESET folder and tried to delete it and it wouldn't let me. I did a search for NOD32 and tried to delete everything and it wouldn't let me delete the two exe files.

8. Marcos

Well, it seems that the NOD32krn service is running, hence nod32krn.exe cannot be deleted. Please go to start, run and enter
    net stop nod32krn

Then try deleting the eset dir again.

9. WilliamP

I tried but it told me that it couldnt because NOD32kui.exe couldn't be removed.

10. WilliamP

It said that access to kui.exe was denied.

11. WilliamP

I opened the ESET folder and was able to delete everything one at a time except nodshex.dll . It won't let me delete that. Is that the shell extension? An if it is can I leave it? Thank you.

12. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Try to run Windows in safe mode and then delete the DLL file and the folder.

13. WilliamP

How exactly do I do that ? I'm not familiar getting into the safe mode and doing anything.

14. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi WilliamP

Just reboot your computer and when u see your bios press F8 and that will take u into save mode.

snowbound

15. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

here ya go--->
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2001052409420406?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.