help

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Bethrezen, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

Hi all

I was wondering if someone could take a look at this file for me H@tKeysH@@k.DLL because spybot flags this up as part of a key logger but I have no idea where its coming from and it keeps reappearing I want to know what program this file is being created by or what its associated with so that I can get rid of the offending program I also want to know if this is just one stray file or if it is part of a program or maybe its using another program

Its appeared several times every time I destroy it and then when I run my next scan say a month later during routine maintenance its back and what's making me kind of suspicious about this file is that now and then my mouse pointer just moves on its own which suggests that there is something fishy going on maybe a Trojan or something plus its location seems a lil suspect to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

whats really got me spooked this time is 1 that it keeps comming back and 2 that i dont know where its come from coz usualy i can track what these things where installed with but not so this time

i also tryed to do a lil investigation of my own so i downloaded Karen's Version Browser and tryed checking the file in question out with that came up empty no info avalible

help

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Bethrezen,

Have you tried following these instructions?
    http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ_HOTKEYHOOK

Regards,

Pieter

3. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi

i had a look at that link and i looked for the files it sergested

Temp$01.exe
    Temp#01.exe
    Scanregw.exe
    H@tkeysh@@k.dll

but only

Scanregw.exe
    H@tkeysh@@k.dll

where on my system so im just wondering if this could be part of somthing eles

becaues i did a google search for H@tkeysh@@k.dll and found this

http://website.lineone.net/~cimweb/H@tKeysH@@k.htm

which indercated that it may be part of a trainer that my lil bro downloaded im just wondering if there is neway to verifiy this

do you know if Trojan Hunter can detect this ? if so ill get a demo copy and try looking for it that way i just wanna make sure i got it all befor i change all my passwords

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.