Help with xlime removal?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by trtack, Aug 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trtack

trtack Registered Member

Can someone tell me how I might receive help in removing the menacing "xlime" adware from my PC? I have seen the forum that discuss this but am unable to post anything there.

I have tried using Ad Aware for removal, but its seem to only be a temporary fix and the "xlime" ads return.

Thanks in advance.

2. I have checked some other forums and have found a much easier way to remove this nasty piece of spyware than the common practice of submitting your Hijack this log and subjecting it to several rounds of review by experts. If you boot your machine in safe mode, then complete the following:

1. Open Windows Explorer
    2. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\[Your User Name]\Local Settings\Temp and delete all files. I had a file called optimize.exe in that folder. (Some files may be in use. If so, delete any files not in use)
    3. Repeat step 2 above for each of the other user folders in Documents and settings.
    4. Navigate to C:\Windows and delete the LocalNRD.dll file
    5. Open Registry Editor and Search for LocalNRD. Delete all keys with this name. (this should be 3 object classes and a folder under local machine\software)
    6. Reboot

That should clean the product from you machine.

3. emily

emily Guest

i have the same problem... but why do i need to put my computer into safemode?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.