Help with WIN98SE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BCon, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BCon

BCon Registered Member

Updating to xp,2000, etc is not an option so no reason to post those comments.

I demo'd TI9.0 2337 and it worked PERFECTLY. I then had IT purchase 13 copies of it, and the recent version is TI9.1 3633 (workstation version).

It installs on WIN98SE fine, but will not run after reboot, no error messages, no pop-ups, nothing.

I read the same issue in the forum with acronis stating to open a support ticket, which is what I did - but they are seemingly pretty slow to answer. Did anybody that have this issue get it fixed?? I have 13 copies of software that I can not use!

2. BCon

BCon Registered Member

bump. . .

3. janboX

janboX Registered Member

I am glad to see your topic here, maybe it could be helpfull for me and Acronis support really solve this strange issue, but I think you deserve personal attention if you own such a number of copies and suggest you to use possibility to chat directly with sales stuff, they will direct you what you have to do. Please if you solve problem be so kind to send explanation here, and thanks anyway!

4. ee1

ee1 Registered Member

I would make a request to support to provide you with a copy of version 2337. I am running very stable using 2337 and have no plans on updating any time in the near future.

Eric

5. BCon

BCon Registered Member

Well, I received my official answer from Acronis via email - 3633 has a bug in it and WILL NOT support Win98 - they claim it will be fixed next update. 3602 does however, so I downgraded to it.

Although not to big of an issue - when Acronis KNOWS of a bug, KNOWS people are posting it in the forum - MAKE A KNOWN ISSUE STICKY OR PUT IT IN THE FAQS. I should not have to waste my time after spending almost $1000 trying to get software they know has a bug in it to work on my systems.

It is dissapointing that some folks seemingly are affected with this issue, yet they (Acronis) remain silent in the forum - the first place most people go for support. For those impacted - go to update page, click all updates, and select the older 3602 version- serial works with that.

6. vizitour

vizitour Registered Member

Hi - Thanks for the feedback, I also am running Win.98SE and couldn't figure what was wrong. I just got a boxed TI9, took an image of my HD after a clean installation, then reading the forums it was mentioned to upgrade to the latest build which is 3633. I keep getting the error message" The installation was interupted before TIA could be installed you need to restart the installer to try again" I must have installed and uninstalled it half dozen times, safe mode,etc. I'll try the other build next --Thanks -

7. janboX

janboX Registered Member

Hello BCon,

and thanks for revealing to all of us interested this explanation. Unfortunately, as I am just a trial user I am not able to download previous versions, so I will appreciate if you post here downloading link, or if you assume it is inappropriate to put it here just send me it in private message.

Thank you!

8. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

And another user thanks you for following up on this problem under Win9x.

Anything after 3625 has the bug until it is fixed.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello janboX,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

If you want to use the previous version of Acronis True Image 9.0 trial until the problem with installation on Windows 98 is fixed, please submit a request for technical support using Ask a question before you purchase Acronis software link. Provide the information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will provide you with the link to download the previous build of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home trial.

Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

10. Tmod

Tmod Registered Member

I assume that this problem has NOT been fixed yet?

Tmod

11. Acronis Support

Hello Tmod,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The problem with Acronis True Image installation on Windows 98/ME has been already fixed in the latest build (3666) of the software.

Please download and install the latest build (3666) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3666.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

12. Tmod

Tmod Registered Member

I wanted to download a trial version of TI 9.1 Workstation not the Home version.

I contacted support and I got the download link for version 3633 about eight different times and they all said it was version 3666 and would work with windows 98.

Does support know how to check a version of software?

Damn makes me wonder who is running the ship there. Sorta like rowing a boat with one paddle. Support just keeps taking me in circles.

Tmod

13. Acronis Support

Hello Tmod,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay with the response.

The point is that build 3666 of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation free trial version has not been uploaded to Acronis web site due to the problems with web site engine. We are very sorry for your inconvenience. The correct build will be uploaded as soon as possible.

At the moment, please use the download link I've sent you via Private Message.

Could you please also let us know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which can be found in the subjects of the letters that you received from Acronis Support Team? We will look through the correspondence and find out the reason why you have been provided with the wrong link.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

14. Tmod

Tmod Registered Member

I am sorry to say that I deleted all messages from Acronis support so I have no record of the numbers.

I had also chatted with a support rep and they gave me the link for 3633.

I basically gave up on Acronis as the support people should have a good idea of what product they are sending the link to.

It is not like I only got one 3633 link, But for three days that is the only link I received.

Why a group of support personal excluding yourself are able to screw up the simplest task is beyond me.

Anyway thanks for the link and I have downloaded it and am testing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.