help with universal restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DantePT, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DantePT

DantePT Registered Member

hi.
    i've downloaded yesterday the tiral version of the enterprise true image, and i'm dooing some tests on Physical to Virtual.

what i did was install true image enterprise trial on my pc, remotely installed the agent on the source physical machine. After that the backup runned with no errors.
    I'v also created a .iso image with the "bootlable rescue media builder".

after that i've mounted that iso as a cdrom drive and created a drive with the .tib file for virtual server (no problems up to here).

now, when i do a restore i do not have any option to use universal restore... if i perform the restore to the virtual machine it finishes ok but the virtual machine itself wont start even in safe mode (freezes on the "starting windows" scrollbar in text mode). I guess it is because i did not use universal restore but i dont know how can i use that function, as i dont have anywhere that option during restore).

please advise.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DantePT,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please note that Acronis Universal Restore is an optional program feature. It should be purchased separately and installed from a separate .msi setup file. If you would like to test Acronis Universal Restore please submit a request for technical support, attach the link to this thread. We will provide you with the instruction on how to obtain Acronis Universal Restore for test purposes.

Please read more information on how to use Acronis Universal Restore and Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.