HELP with Trojan.Tooso.B

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by bulldawgs, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulldawgs

bulldawgs Registered Member

I have no clue where this virus came from or how I can get rid of it. I ran Norton and AVS and they cannot get rid of it. I do see it in a file that reads, C:\WINNT\Temp\nav4d6.tmp

Can someone please help me remove this or tell me what to do to get rid of it.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Nicole

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi bulldawgs, and welcome to the forum.

I have moved your thread from the TDS support forum and into this forum.

You can try the steps in the General Cleaning Instructions thread and see if that cleans your system.

For more information and manual removal of this trojan, here is the write-up about it at the Symantec's webside: Symantec - Trojan.Tooso.B

Let us know if the above is successful in removing it, or if you have any further questions about any of the instructions, and we'll try and help.

Regards,

snap

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, you might be lucky it is maybe only in that one .tmp file and came with something else, in which case the nasty might not have been running and just cleaning the temp\ folder would be enough, but even then would try that whole cleansing instruction thoroughly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.