help with topic notifiers

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by libbo1, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. libbo1

libbo1 Registered Member

does any1 no why I can see the flashing 'NEW' icon on one 'puter and not another? Both using XP and
    firebird browser. I have flash installed on both>

Attached Files:

2. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

Do you have Proxomitron installed on the box that doesn't "flash"?

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The New message indicators (like the one below in this post) are just animated .gif files. So, a lot of different filtering utilities, (like Proxo as Dolf mentions, or other pop-up/Ad blockers, etc.), could be preventing it. Even ZAP has features that will do this. You'll need to check the settings from whatever privacy and/or filtering tools you have to see what features are enabled.

[​IMG]

4. libbo1

libbo1 Registered Member

Interesting:

I can view the flashing NEW gif in your post but not on the forum front index page nor do I get the 'new' nonflashing indicators within the forums.

Sequentially diasbled ZAF and Adwatch to no avail. All other forums I visit 'work' OK. Also diasbled proxy(guidescope). It is up and running on my laptop too though and that machine displays the Wilder's forum post without problems.

o_O?.

Thanks for your help

5. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi libbo1,

I tried to replicate that issue with Firebird but even with Javascript and Java disabled in Options I can see the new topic notifiers okay. The only thing I could do to replicate it was to access the site without logging in, and in this situation I did not see the norifiers but did see the flashing gif in LWM's post. Are you sure that the problem system was logged in (I know you were logged in for the last post but I don't know which system you logged in from. A possibility might be to remove your cookie from Wilders and let it create a new one but that is a bit of a stretch.

6. libbo1

libbo1 Registered Member

Dan you da man!!

I logged out and deleted wilders cookies, logged bak in and presto! Somehow my cookies must have referenced a guest status even though i was logged in!!

Thanks all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.