Help With The Pop-up

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Yorkie, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yorkie

Yorkie Registered Member

If you have donated to enable auto-updating you get a small pop-up in the corner of your screen at start-up telling you the system is set. I have two machines, one downstairs which it works fine on but the one upstairs doesn't show the pop-up at all, does this mean I have a problem? I even set it to direct connection but no luck, and before anyone asks, yes I have paid twice so that it can be used on both machines. I've seen some of the posts regarding problems with updating so thought it might have something to do with that. It's no big deal because I can manually update fine but I wondered if anyone else has come across this? :D

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Just a quick clarification, when you say "no luck" are you referring to not seeing the popup, or not getting updates at all? (I assume you mean it isn't updating ay all on its own, whether it shows a dialog or not, but I just want to be sure we're clearly understanding the issue.)

3. Yorkie

Yorkie Registered Member

I only installed it today and did the first update manually so don't know if the auto-update is working or not, it's just that on the PC downstairs I get the little pop-up telling me it's been checked and is up to date, yet on the PC upstairs I don't get that. I can update manually I just wondered if anyone else had come across this, I even disabled my firewall in case that was preventing it happening.
    The pop-up says that spyblaster has verified and set the settings, what I am worried about is that if the pop-up isn't there does this mean the PC's not protected?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.