Help With TDS3 Removal

Discussion in 'DCS Freeware' started by walkpab, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walkpab

walkpab Registered Member

When TDS3 capitulated, I uninstalled the program but still have a folder containing update.exe, which when I try to delete, I get a window informing me that it is in use by another program... which, of course, I can't locate.

Can anyone advise me on how to successfully remove this component?

Many thanks,

Walkpab

2. linney

linney Registered Member

Have you tried deleting it in Safe Mode?

3. walkpab

walkpab Registered Member

Linney, No I haven't. Thanks for the suggestion... hadn't thought of that!

I'll give this a try. If I don't come back, it's worked!

Many thanks,

Pete

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I never had that folder but ok.........
    TDS has still lots of functions in the other tools, even though the scanner part is not updated anymore.

5. Obsolete

Obsolete Registered Member

Hi. Its been awhile. I was a member here 3 years ago. A few months ago I had a power outage and it wiped everything off my computer. I lost everything including the key file for TDS-3. I read some of the posts in this forum and found that it was discontinued. In addition, the links to the update.cfg and radius.td3 isn't working. I also read that the diamond site provided the key file and radius file on their website when they discontinued but its not there anymore. Although its discontinued, it can still catch lots of trojans compared to the applications out there now. I wonder if anyone can help me with those files. Thanks.

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there and welcome to the forum!
    Yes, write to support at DCS or a PM here to Wayne for the keyfile with the info they have on you (email and registration name and probable date of buying) and you might get profided with a link to get the last radius file. The update.cfg is of no use as all sites are closed anyway.
    Please let us know if it worked for you this way.

7. Obsolete

Obsolete Registered Member

I already emailed them and they informed me that they don't support that product anymore. Also, my email that I used when I signed up was terminated. Like I said, I haven't been here for a while. I already found the apps version 3.2.0 on the PCWorld website. Its like 5.? MB. Thanks for the help.

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hm that size will be the original installation software for TDS, but which version, does it have all the updates etc? Did you lose your original installation file too?
    Since you lost your keyfile it's no use sending you the references database either as it won't work.
    For a closed email account it's not a real problem, it would have been just telling all what you registered and how and which email account you were using by then and what is the current one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.