Help with SpywareBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by babakanoosh, Nov 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babakanoosh

babakanoosh Guest

Once installed and protection enabled do I have to start SpywareBlaster each time I boot up?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi babakanoosh.:)

Welcome to Wilders.

SpywareBlaster is not a running process. Just enable all protection as u said, then check for updates once a week or so.

More info here,

http://www.javacoolsoftware.info/kb/

Hope this helps.

snowbound

3. babakanoosh

babakanoosh Guest

Thanks Snowbound.

How do I find out what files, registry entries, etc, SpywareBlaster has created/modified. It must have done something to run automatically with no processes or programs running. Thanks.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The three main protection features of SpywareBlaster(ActiveX, Cookies and Restricted Sites)....adds it's database entries to the registry in the below locations....only for the feature that the user enables.

ActiveX=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility

Cookies=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History

Restricted Sites=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.