Help with Spyware Guard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by JayK1372, Mar 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayK1372

JayK1372 Registered Member

I have problems running SW Guard. When I double click on it. Nothing comes up. ANy tips?

2. 10390bc

10390bc Registered Member

Try double clicking on the desktop icon for Spyware guard and if a small icon appears in your system tray(bottom right of screen-usually next to the clock)double click on it and it should open SW guard. If this doesn't work hopefully someone will answer you that really knows what there talking about. :)

3. subratam

subratam Registered Member

NO double clicks !!
    Right Click on the SG systray icon, and you will get the spywareguard main window.

4. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Single right click, or double left click, both will work.

5. raven26

raven26 Registered Member

Explanation please. Why even bother putting icon on desktop if its not going to work. Went to WE and tried to create desktop shortcut. Is this just a glitch in the program? o_O

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, not every icon works the same way. In the case of SpywareGuard, the main desktop icon as well as the entry in the Start menu > Programs area, are specifically used to start the two processes that provide SpywareGuard's protections and which display the SG systray icon. That's all they do.

All management and control of SpywareGuard is done by right-clicking on that systray icon. If you fully disable and exit SpywareGuard using the management screen, then the desktop icon (or Start menu one) need to be used to restart those processes again and return the icon to the systray.

7. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi,

I don't remember getting a desktop icon when I installed SG, thought I had to create one from the Start Menu (Send to ...), so it might be an option when installing. But that could just be my admittedly less-than-perfect memory.

There's one circumstance I can think of where the icon is handy, and there might be others too. In another thread here somewhere you'll find a recommendation that you turn off SG's protections AND close the program before defragging, since there seem to have been cases where having SG active at the time has been a problem.

And of course the icon is the most convenient way to restart SG afterwards (don't forget to re-enable its protections too).

Best,
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.