Help with SPYWARE, ADAWARE, SPYBOT & NIS 2004

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Douglas Johnstone, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can some one tell me if I can minimize the # of programs I have installed to minimize the amount of Spyware and Ads that are rampant on the net?

I am using Norton Internet Security 2004 that has a built in Ad Blocker and AntiSpam tool. I also have had SpyBot and Ad-Aware 6 for some time before I installed NIS. Do I need all of these? Can I eliminate or disable the least effective? I also just downloaded the SPYware Blaster and am feeling like I have more than is necessary to be protected!

Someone please help me?

Thanks in advance,
    Doug

2. subratam

subratam Registered Member

Hi Doug,

The list you gave... is not too much but its the nice combination to remain protected. spybot, ad-aware and spywareblaster are the spyware remover tools that compliments each other very nice... and NIS is you antivirus tool...
    I would recommend you to also include an Anti trojan in you kitty... its not how many today... but how much protection you need to remain safe...

take care

3. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi Douglas,

I agree with Subratam.

I personally feel SpywareBlaster is a must have. Adaware and Spybot S & D have sort of overlapping protection but they each have their strongpoints so I would recommend you keep both. An AV is a must have and no matter how good the AV I would also recommend a dedicated AntiTrojan.

I'm sure others will chime in here with their thoughts as well.

Regards,

Dan

4. BlackSwan

BlackSwan Registered Member

Sad truth is you can never be protected enough nowadays, the way the Internet has become... So, better paranoid than sorry! :)

BS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.