Help with Portable Media Player

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by n8chavez, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

For some reason I cannot seem to get my Rio Karma detected by J River MC 11.1. It is detected by under device manager. I ran the mmc applet with it off and it was not there, then turned it on and it appeared. But it doesn't seem to be recognized by either MC or WMP. I think maybe I turned off a windows service (Portable Media Serial Number Service is on) that might be needed. Any ideas?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

does the Rio Karma need any drivers? do those programs support the Rio Karma.

3. n8chavez

Yes, those programs do support the Rio Karma. It is supposed to be naively supported via WDM, after the drivers are installed of course. The drivers are in and it is recognuzed by windows as a USB device but it is not seen by any media player.

4. WSFuser

for j river media center, u can try to contact the author. idk what to do for WMP.

the only other suggestion is try updating the karma's firmware, try the non-mass storage drivers, or use rio's software. theyre all available from teh karma support page.

5. n8chavez

I guess what I really need to know is, what xp services are required for portable media player recognition? I have customized my system and have disabled the services I thought I would not use. This could be the problem.

6. WSFuser

im not sure about the services. since windows already recognizes ur mp3 player, im thinking the problem lies in the media players ur trying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.