Help with Picking Security Solution

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Hangetsu, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hangetsu

Hangetsu Registered Member

Hello all, I'm hoping you can help me with a recommendation for securing my two PCs at home. I'm looking for AV, malware, registry, and firewall protection, and I'm looking for a solid combination of performance and security (security being the topmost concern). Both machines are used for games, so the less memory being hogged by the security software, the better.

Any suggestions on what to get for these categories? I do like KIS 6, but I've always been nervous about leaving security to a single tool.

I'd be happy to buy new software, but in case of a tie, presently I own the following:
    - ZoneAlarm Pro
    - Webroot Spysweeper
    - NOD32
    - Kaspersky Personal Security (free upgrade to KIS2006, which I'm using now as beta); I only have one license though, so waiting to see if they permit 2 PCs with the 6.0 release license
    - BitDefender Standard 9

Thanks for the help!

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    You already have all the security you need. Since you don't want to rely on a single suite - kaspersky - you just need to decide which AV you want to use - nod or bit defender.
    You spoke about memory hogging - nod is then preferable.
    Spy Sweeper is also a bit heavy - in that case, you might want to try ewido.
    Mrk

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

In your experience then Spysweeper is heavier than Ewido? I know many people myself included, find Ewido somewhat heavy, although I don't use Spysweeper so I can't compare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.