Help with Outpost and Nintendo Wii connection

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by disinter1, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Well, I need to know how to let outpost allow everything the Wii sends to my Nintendo WiFi usb stick. I allowed all that came up through outpost, but still errors connecting. How would I allow everything nintendo throws at outpost? Thanks

2. coldplay

coldplay Registered Member

congrats for the Wii

3. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Thanks, I love the Wii! Anyways, I put outpost on allow most, is that good? And is "allow most" safe?

4. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

If I remember correctly, NO, as this will allow all that is not specifically blocked.

You may be able to make exception for Wii if an application for this is running, OR,... Does the Wii have an IP address? you could place in network to allow.

5. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Since I have no firewall expirence at all, I mean nothing, I wouldn't know where to put the Nintendo IP on the network to allow. Man, firewalls are hard to understand, I tell ya.

6. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

I don't see why your computer needs to have anything to do with this, connect it to your router, and if you trying to use internet connection sharing look into that to make sure its configured correctly, however many software firewalls cannot do internet connection sharing. If you have a real broadband connection, and don't have a router, get one...

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

stop it updating now i warn you.
    I have just read about a bad wii connect 24 update that corropts the nintendo Wii and then will only show error messages.
    so my advise would be to stop it connecting for now and unplug the dongle.
    if you get the bad update and then get the error messages you will have to send it back.
    thanks god im in the uk and havent got one yet hopefully it gets fixed soon.
    http://news.gameplay.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18689
    lodore

8. btman

btman Registered Member

I'm running connect 24 fine! Comodo didn't even really pop up... Maybe that's network magics doing ( I was adding a device and it opened some areas, then i hit next and it showed what new device was connected... and it was my wii so i clicked allow... and now it works). I let the Wii update and nothing "bad" happened, I could connect to the shop and anything....

*My wii didn't need a startup cd, and IMO I think the startup cd may be the reason for any errors? I don't know, but no systems really needed a startup cd and my Wii didn't and I haven't gotten an error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.