Help with NOD and outlook express trojan.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by divedog, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. divedog

divedog Registered Member

Last night I did a full scan with NOD and it found these in Outlook Express deleted mail file. My Outlook Express is set to not download anything, Full scans with DR Web cure it, AVG anti malware, A2 and Trend house call find nothing. I uploaded the 2 files to virus total, nothing found, when I deleted the 2 files that NOD said was infected. Rebooted, did another scan and they are still showing up on the scan. I have show hidden files enabled and I can see that they are gone but Nod still finds them in the same place, Any ideas would be appreciated. I don’t believe this is a active Trojan, they were e-mails in the spam folder that were never opened and deleted?

Attached Files:

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Go to your "Hotmail - deleted items" folder inside Outlook Express and empty it.

Cheers :D

3. divedog

divedog Registered Member

I figured it out. What happened is I am running FDISR and NOD picked it up in the other snapshot. I was running AVIRA in the gaming snapshot and uninstalled it last night so I could do a scan in the gaming snapshot with NOD because I was picking up the trojan in snapshot 2 that has NOD installed with you’re settings. What’s weird is after installing NOD in the gaming snapshot where the trojan was I did a scan without changing any settings using the in depth-Analysis and it didn’t find anything. I was only finding it from the other snapshot that had you’re settings.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Good to see, and thanks for letting us know.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.