Help with new browser/plugin combo

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chinook9, Oct 12, 2015.

1. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

I have had it with Firefox and I'm going to move on,.... If I can find another browser/plugin combination I'm comfortable with.

I use Win 7 (32 bit), DefenseWall, Panda Free Antivirus, Malwarebytes Premium, Keyscrambler Premium, Lastpass, and I always run my browser in Sandboxie.

For years I have used Firefox with WOT and NoScript but Firefox has become a pain in the ___. I won't explain because I just want to try something else.

I am looking for a new browser but I haven't found one that will do what I want. I like to be able to block all scripts except the one or two I might want to allow. I can do this with NoScript in Firefox but I don't know of another browser/plugin combination that will let me do this. I have tried Chrome and AdBlock Plus but from what I can ascertain AdBlock Plus blocks all or nothing.

I would appreciate any recommendations.

2. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

Maybe try Chrome/Chromium with uBlocko (origin) in medium blocking mode. Here's the wiki.

3. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

4. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

Thank you for the recommendations. I have installed uBlock and am testing it. I will try uMatrix also, and in combo with uBlock.

Thanks again!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.