Help With Mini Dump

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WilliamP, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Since downloading Ver's 3 Of NOD and Comodo I have had a few blue screens. How can I get the mini dump analyzed to find out the problem? It doesn't happen a lot and seems very random as to the situation. I don't think I can recreate the blue screen.

2. ethernal

ethernal Registered Member

BSOD always have small reference numbers available on microsoft website, it will tell you if the application referenced illegal memory space, or something similar.
    write down the code next time it happens, and we can help you :)

3. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

WilliamP: try reading this post.
    Never tried it personally note.

4. controler

controler Guest

Yes the page pedro mentions is correct. You need to download the correct one though, either 32 or 64 bit.
    You can also use LiveKD wich is they say is suppose to be a bit better but I have not tried it. the kernel dunp is also a better way to go but as mentioned creates a huge file and you need to hook two computers together to use that correctly. More and more support people are asking for your minidump all the time. If they don't, i do not see how they can troubleshoot the problem.
    If they hook a driver and that driver crashes, I would think they would want to know, such as snapman.sys with ATI.

Below you will find a nice video by Mark R.

Video

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2008
  5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

If you dont want to analyse the minidump yourself, you can post at the TechSpot OpenBoards. They offer helps with minidumps. And remember to read the stickies.

6. controler

controler Guest

Nice WSFuser

The only thing I didn't understand about the sticky was cleaning GOLD contacts with an eraser? gold doesn't corrode but tined contacts door am I missing something again? Unless someone spilled coffee or something on them LOL

One thing I do with my desktops is leave one side cover off.

7. WilliamP

I certainly appreciate the help. It looks like it is going to require some study. I don't feel that it is hardware related but you never know.

8. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Well teh contacts may have dust on them or something. Theyre just suggesting you clean them.

9. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

10. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

11. WilliamP

I checked the link in Pedro's post and downloaded the de-bugger. There is more to this debugging than I feel that I can understand. I will post my next mini dump on TechSpot and see what I can find out. Thank you all for the help.

12. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I install Microsofts debugging tools for XP and use DebugWiz in the ROOT to show more details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.