help with lxbbbmgr.exe cant get nod to stop...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by zfactor, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

every single time i check nod its is scanning this file. even when i disable it nod will stop scanning it but as soon as i start the process up again there is nod sitting there on lxbbbmgr.exe i know what this is but i have tried to make an execption in nod to not scan this file but it does anyway according to amon. the number scanned keeps going up but the file name does not change and it uses a lot of cpu doing this all the time. any ideas thanks

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi zfactor, ;)

While I can't help you with respect to Nod, I can offer the following:

lxbbbmgr.exe - is the button manger for Lexmark printers. If you don't use the printers quick copy buttons, you can disable the startup. Which will disable those functions, but you can still open the Lexmark all in one center and operate everything from there.

HTH, ;)

Steve

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2005
  3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i thought that is what this was but wasnt positive thanks very much i will do this i never use the buttons anyway. well see how that goes here in a minute. thanks dog!!

4. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Sometimes you need to make an exception that uses the old DOS 8.3 naming convention that did not allow spaces. For example, if you are excluding...

C:\Program Files\Lexmark\lxbbbmgr.exe

...try making a new exclusion (or modify this one) for...

C:\Progra~1\Lexmark\lxbbbmgr.exe

I had to do something similar last night for another program, and it worked. There is a thread about this issue here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=69331

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.