Help with Kaspersky

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DoeZ0763, Jun 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoeZ0763

DoeZ0763 Registered Member

I've downloaded the free version of Kaspersky and I'm having a problem with the updates...it says the license ran out on it...I can't seem to uninstall this item now to reinstall it...Now the darn thing is in black and white...no color to the icon...did I do something wrong here? Can you help please?

2. the mul

the mul Registered Member

I also had problems with kav, my system froze and nothing in kav would work ,I had to boot into safe mode in windows xp and remove kav in the add remove programmes and this did the trick, I uninstalled kav, then removed all traces from the registry and reinstalled kav , but before full installation I disabled all protection programmes and it installed without any problems and everything has worked great since then.

The Mul

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

DoeZ0763,

There is a trial version of KAV, but no free version available. The trial lasts 30 days. Are you over the 30 limit now or did the trial key not get associated with the program? On installation, you have to point to a license key file for the program to work - I believe you can easily skip this step and this would be the behavior seen. Documentation for all current versions (pdf format) is available at here. As I recall, if you bring up the control centre, one of the few things that you can do in this state is associate the license key file, although i'm not really sure where. It might request a key file if there isn't a valid one available, I'm just not sure. You should be able to uninstall/reinstall, and just be careful to point to a valid key file when that dialog box requests it, but I don't believe you need to do that.

Blue

4. DoeZ0763

I can't seem to uninstall it because a small window keeps popping up and telling to close out of Kaspersky...and I'm not in it at all...I click the ok and it keeps coming back...over and over...Yes it's the trial version I guess...What now?

5. the mul

6. the mul

Why not shut your system down and boot into safemode and remove kav from your add remove programmes and this does usually work.

The MUL

7. DoeZ0763

Shouldn't I uninstall all this first seeings how it's not working right? Then I can download another version?

8. the mul

Yes, u should uninstall all of kav before u install the new trial version.
    If u cant remove kav from add remove then boot your system into [safemode] and then try to uninstall kav from add remove as in safemode u are more likely to succeed in removing kav.

The MUL

9. DoeZ0763

Ok I booted in safemode and was able to uninstall it all that way...now I'm going to reinstall it...I need a license # or something?

10. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Nice job, the mul ;). Apologies for interfering - once: DoeZ, do you have another Antivirus installed eg running resident as well?

regards,

paul

11. the mul

I really dont mind who helps paul, as long as they are getting the help, that is what matters.
    DoeZ0763IF u download kav from the links i gave u above, they both have a key file installed and u can try them out for 30 days.

I should also make it clear as paul is trying to say, u can only have [one] av running resident and the other as back up.

Ther Mul

12. Paul Wilders

Couldn't agree more - and DoeZ seems to be in capable hands - yours :)

regards.

paul

13. DoeZ0763

Thank You guys...no I don't have any other AV on my system...I'm going to download this one again...do I have to do something with this key license or whatever? Thanks :)

14. Paul Wilders

Our pleasure ;)

As for the key, quoting the mul:

regards.

paul

15. DoeZ0763

Which one would be better for me...the personal or the pro? I'm running Windows XP...don't have any other AV on system...just ZA...Spybot...and Adaware...cwshredder also...Thanks

16. Paul Wilders

I would recommend going for the Personal version. In case you feel like upgrading in the future (coming with the price tag), that should be no problem.

regards.

paul

17. DoeZ0763

I've been trying to download the trial version and I keep coming up the the message...page cannot be displayed...what's up with that?

18. BlueMoon

BlueMoon Guest

You should be able to grab a trial from the main Kaspersky site over here

Blue

19. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi DoeZ0763...

I just tried the direct download link that Mul gave [the first Personal link] and I got the download window straight up...

You *may* also get that 'The Page Cannot be Displayed' behind it, but that's not a problem, the actual download window should come up.. see pic...

Cheers, TAS

EDIT: I see BlueMoon gave alternative link. ;)

Attached Files:

• 012.GIF
      012.GIF
      File size:
      11.5 KB
      Views:
  20. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

21. DoeZ0763

I ended up downloading it from the site I got above...I went to the original site and it wouldn't allow me...kept saying page cannot be displayed...in the midst of its downloading a window appeared and said it could find my ms outlook...not sure what the problem there is...I then went to update it all and again I got the same page cannot be displayed...I clicked the link above to update too...am I doing something wrong or is my system messed up or what's going on? One more thing...it said to click the one nearest you...I'm clicking the United States...being that's where I am...maybe that will help...

Last edited: Jun 21, 2004
  22. DoeZ0763

Here's the problem now...I closed everything and went to get into Kasperky...it won't open...a window pops up and says something about AV control centre configurator object cannot load...What happened?

23. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Sounds like something is still borked. Uninstall everything, then restart your computer. Did you successfully download Kaspersky? If you downloaded the correct file it should have the word "trial" in the name. If you don't have that, you have the wrong file.

What program did you download initially? Personal 5.0 or Personal Pro 4.5? I don't think there is a trial for Personal Pro 4.5. At least I was unable to find one.

Control Center is part of Personal Pro, so it appears you didn't uninstall the correct version.

Did you restart after installing and uninstalling? Or did you just install over the previous installation. Any time you make changes to a key app like an AV, ALWAYS reboot after installation and uninstallation.

24. DoeZ0763

I downloaded the Personal 4.5 version...I don't see the word Trial anywhere...This looks completely different than the first one I had...what should I do?

25. DoeZ0763

TAZ...I uninstalled everything and I went into the Kaspersky site...click trial downloads and then the one closest to me...United States...page comes up cannot display...Now if I go to the site from the link MUL gave me earlier...I don't believe its the trial version...this is getting very frustrating. I don't have any AV right now...help :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.