Help with external hard drive with True image Home 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ruffff, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffff

ruffff Registered Member

Newbie questions please help. I'm missing something, perhaps obvious.

Trying to backup full computer hard drive just in case the drive quits permanently. I don't want to reload windows on a new drive and want the exact copy of the operating system and files transferred to the new drive. So to experiment, I set the backup location to be my external usb hard drive. I successfully created the backup .tib file of the whole computer.

After creating a recovery CD, I changed my boot sequence to boot using the recovery CD and successfully brought up the active program to begin any restore. The problem is that when I try to find the external hard drive with the .tib file, the program doesn't recognize the drive. I guess I can configure the network adapter in full mode, but I am not sure how I can get that to work on my network.

How can the program recognize the external hard drive? Do I have to put in my network routers ip address and then plug the external hard drive into a working computer directly on the network and somehow network it so it becomes visible?

As you can see, I am really confused and obviously missing a few steps, please help me find a way to recognize the external hard drive with the backup on it.
    thanks

2. ruffff

ruffff Registered Member

Solved. Removed password protection from external hard drive (duh) and power cycled the drive and it worked. Never mind........ o_O

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Thanks for posting your solution. It may well be helpful to others.

Good work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.