Help with Digital Voice Recorder and Audio File Converter

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by huntnyc, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Treading into new territoy and am thinking of ordering a digital recorder to record classes and then transfer WMA files to laptop and convert them into MP3 files and burn them to CD or DVD.

No experience dealing with these things before so just would like your opinons and experiences. I am thinking of getting the following recorder at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16873100526 Have any of you had good or bad experiences with this one or can recommend a better one?

And, I have Nero 6 but never fooled with the audio software so don't know if I already have something that would work or not for converting files. Something that just does basic converting and possibly a little editing would be good with easy to use interface and relatively inexpensive or possibly free. Thanks for your help.

Gary

2. controler

controler Guest

Hi

I have the Olympus VN960PC and that works for me. It doesn't have the MP3 feature though. The recorder comes with software for your PC so that you can edit your recordings.

controler

3. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

What file format does it produce and can it be converted to MP3? Thanks.

Gary

4. controler

controler Guest

Mine just saves the files in WAV format and uses an USB cable from it to computer. the model you are looking at looks like a good deal. It is 130 bucks at Olympus. PLUS you don't need a cable. Your model would plug directly into the USB port on your computer.
    I don't listen to much MP3's so the recording is all I need. Used it for recording what my bosses said at my last job and also what my Surgeon said in my consultation. I also used it to record my sister's snoring LOL

controler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.