Help with configuration Policy's

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by scsitsupport, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scsitsupport

scsitsupport Registered Member

Hi
    We have a network in a school environment that contains about 600 pc's and laptops.
    I have been working my way through the school removing Symantec endpoint and then pushing out Nod32 business edition using remote administrator 4.
    All this has gone quite smoothly with the support from the guys at Eset.
    Now I want to tweak the Policy that is used on the majority of the schools pc's to a point where there are no popups or balloon tips unless the anti virus finds a virus or stops working?
    Is this possible and could someone point me in the right direction, I am quite familiar with the Policy editor in remote administrator 4 but I cant seem to stop the popups.

Thanks very much

Craig

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

If you're in the policy manager and you highlight the policy in question, then click edit on the right side (about halfway down), this opens the policy in configuration editor.

In the config editor, expand ESET Smart Security, ESET NOD32 Antivirus > ESET Kernel > Setup > Default user interface values. The first option "Suppress user settings" needs to be set to YES. Then locate "Display only notifications requiring user intervention" and change that to YES. You could also disable the splash screen and the GUI if you'd like. You might also change "Minimum verbosity of events to display" to something less invasive like "errors" or "critical errors". There are other options you can tinker with also.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  3. scsitsupport

scsitsupport Registered Member

Hi Matt thanks for the prompt response.
    I looked at all the setting you listed and we had those set as you described, but we are still getting a popup balloon saying "a scan has begun" when the user logs on.
    I want the AV to scan as frequently as possible at the moment as we are just getting over a conficker virus infection but I don't want the users to see any balloon notifications.

Thanks again
    Craig

4. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

Have the machines rebooted since applying the policy? For some GUI settings a reboot is needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.