Help with Clonezilla.?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by dcrowe0050, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

Hey guys I have been using the free version of Macrium Reflect for some time. I have always had trouble with their Linux recovery CD, it would boot up and then let me set all the options up for the restore and then when I would hit finish to apply the restore it would shutdown. I would go through this two or three times untill it would finally restore with no problems.. Getting on with it I have been searching for a replacement for Macrium and decided to try out Clonezilla. I went through the imaging backup process with no problems, and saved the image to a separate 'Backup' partition since I was just testing it. When I booted into Windows I could see the image file in my backup partition. But when I booted back into Clonezilla and selected the partition and directory that the image is located in it says their is no home/partimag in this directory. I started over and tried other directories in the partition all to the same result. Is their any Clonezilla users that could shed some insight torwards what I might have done wrong.

2. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

Hopefully someone here will know because many like CZ but in the meantime did you notice their 'how to' pages,

http://www.howtoforge.com/back-up-restore-hard-drives-and-partitions-with-clonezilla-live

3. dcrowe0050

well I went thru the How too Tutorials when I first downloaded the iso file because although I have used a couple of Imaging programs I have never used an offline solution. I will look thru it again and see, and by the way thanks for the help.

BTW: is this the final Clonezilla build?

4. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

I didn't notice any notice Dc., of it being the Final.

Which OS are you using ? because others I read about suggest these two
    are very easy to use, MR and CZ.

I have used ATI for years and it's never missed a beat on Imaging or Restoring
    on two machines, so I've had no need to try others, mind you I could never again fiddle about with partitioning, would prefer a half dozen HDD's instead,
    just in case any of them throw in the towel.

If you miss out on any help forthcoming maybe take a look at,

http://clonezilla.org/forum/

5. Shankle

Shankle Registered Member

Let me tell you what I do and maybe if you try it, it will work for you.
    Also Clonezilla has a forum you can submit questions on.

What I do to execute Clonezilla-live:
    I went up on Clonezilla and downloaded "Clonezilla-live", the ISO version.
    I then copied this to a CD. When I want to do a backup I power down my Puter
    and put in the Clonezilla CD and power up the Puter. This works flawlessly
    for me and I use the same technique to do a restore.
    Hope this is of some help.

6. dcrowe0050

Yes Shankle thank you, but I have no problems booting from a CD that part works just dandy.

7. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

I going to take a guess that you backed up a partition, make sure you use the restoreparts menu option and not restoredisk

8. yeow

yeow Registered Member

after imaging, did u move the clonezilla folder? it can be located "1-dir deep" at root>dir>here. but probably not root>dir>dir>here.

but if u saved clonezilla folder at root, i suspect u should not be selecting any directory. this i'm not sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.