Help with AV

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Bonanza, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonanza

Bonanza Registered Member

Ok firsts off I have read alot in this forum and find it very informative!! Although it's ALOT to read, LOL!!

What I have is Spyware Doc, Pctools AV and I just renewed with McAffee Internet Security Suite (8-in-1 protection). Ewido (free) Superantispyware (free).

My problem: I have had PcTools AV for a while and just don't like it! I keep having problems with it and have had to re-install it several times plus it takes forever to scan my computer. Although the real time protection seems to be good. BTW I do love Spyware Doc.

OK, I would like to use the AV that came with the McAffee suite (it's not loaded now) But, I can't load it up because a message comes up that it has incompatability issues with Spyware Doc. Can I uninstall Spyware Doc, then install the McAffee Av? Then re-install SD? I guess I don't understand the incompatability issues!:doubt: o_O If i do this will i still have problems?

Or should i just buy another AV that's superior? Mind you I don't want re-sellers just selling me their wares. I need legitimate security as I do financial things on-line.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

Bonanza

2. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Others here with more expertise will help. I will begin by asking if you have purchased Mcafee or just trialing it.

If you have purchased it, you can uninstall SD, and might get by with reinstalling it after installing McAfee. I have not had experience with that combination. If purchased I would keep McAfee, and see if you can make it work with SD. If not you might want to use SD as on-demand only.

If you have not purchased McAfee you can find excellent AVs, and at least three; AVG, Avira, and Avast. I think all will run with SD, but am not sure.
    You should trial some of the better ones; Kaspersky, NOD, Avira, and a couple more that someone will recommend.

Sorry that I cannot answer your questions in a final manner.

Best,
    Jerry

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

It may be asking to you uninstall spyware doctor as it may conflict with the mcafee antispyware component.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.