Help with Antivir

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by duke1959, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

I have used Antivir on my two user account PC without incident, but after last weeks update Guard statis only shows on which ever account gets logged on first. It is definitely active as you can check to see that has scanned different files, but I would like it to show active on both accounts. Tried new install after thorough uninstall, but same thing, and downloaded and tried repair, modify on other account. Also the activate Guard is greyed out in menu of Antivir Icon as well. No problems with any other Antiviruses, except the BSOD that Stem confirmed happened to him using SKPF and AOL AVS. I'm using Windows XP with Comodo Firewall now.

2. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Are you using fast user switching? Because if so, then this is the source of your problem most likely. I would just have every user log off after they are done using the computer (your computer will also run a lot faster since less proccesses are running).

The Antivir forums may also have the solution o_O

Alphalutra1

3. duke1959

Hello Alphalutra1. Yes I have fast user switching, but have never had any troubles using Antivr until the big update last week. I looked on their Forum, but I'm not sure how to join so I can post about this there. Any suggestions?

4. pilotart

pilotart Registered Member

5. duke1959

Thanks pilotart will do. By the way. Do you use Antivir? And if so, what Firewall are you using with it?

6. pilotart

Yes, ZoneAlarm free on WinXP and just need to click permissions once after AntiVir's build Updates.

Also have an old Win98fe with AntiVir and no Firewall.

7. duke1959

Thanks pilotart. I just installed ZA free 6.5.737 and my PC runs faster than with Comodo Firewall. I have one question for you though. I have a two user account both Full Administrator. When I began to allow programs to the internet on either side I get alerts on both accounts at the same time. I don't remember this with version 6.1.744. Everything running well, and it's just a matter of going to the other account and allowing, but I thought this was odd. Maybe it's because both are Full Admin, I don't know. Any suggestions?

8. pilotart

I am still running 6.1.744.000 which is the third version for me in 15 months. What advantage do you see with 6.5x? I follow all the recommendations for a "Clean Install" and that is too much to do again since 'it ain't broke'.

I am just a single user on my systems (have an Administrator Account, a Norton 'security' suggestion') but it looks exactly like a "fresh install" of XP, never change or tweak any settings in it, as next log-on it's back to WinXP Default again.

9. duke1959

Hey pilotart. It seems that my Boot time, log off, and general over all speed of PC is a little better with newer version, but it's been awhile since I used version 6.1.744.001 so I can't say for sure. I know there have been some semi important updates through the 6.5 serious as noted on the Zone Labs Website where all the version downloads and discriptions are. By the way, thank you for the info on the Antivir website about the Guard statis issue. Do you think Avira will have a fix for the problem next week? Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.