Help with an Application

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by njgiantsfan2004a, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njgiantsfan2004a

njgiantsfan2004a Registered Member

I need to re install an application that I removed by mistake.
    wild tangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll, I was doing a spy check and was un aware of the use of this program or application and had it deleted when I was prompted to. can any one let me know how to re install it. o_O

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

In some circles Wild Tangent is not spoke of highly. Do you recall installing software that included Wild Tangent....Weather Bug for instance ?

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I just did a web search to see if the file was available but my security wont let me open anything wildtangent. It is real spyware. You might want to reevaluate your need for this app seeing as how it is very poorly thought of because of it's malware properties. But if you decide that you do still want it the file is available on the wildtangent web page.

surf safe

bigc

4. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I know of a program that is very common in installing WildTangent on people's computers. I have ever caught AOL Instant Messenger red-handed trying to install WildTangent on the computers in my school.
    AOL Instant Messenger installs WildTangent spyware on your computer. DO NOT download it!

5. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Keeping WildTangent on your computer makes no sense to me at all. WildTangent is spyware. Get rid of wildtangent from your computer. Don't keep spyware on your computer, get rid of spyware from your computer. Keeping spyware on your computer will only let the spyware authors steal more of your personal information.
    Your privacy belongs to you, not anybody else.

6. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

7. njgiantsfan2004a

njgiantsfan2004a Registered Member

I noticed this problem when I did a spyware check, however I removed this program from my computer and now I can't seem to get it out of my computer. I noticed that Java is the program from which it came from, so I uninstalled the Java program Java 1.3.1_09 Run Time Environment Standard Edition and I reinstalled the Java Run Time edtion of 1.4.1 to see if it would fix the problem but it didn't. any more suggestions on this issue. :doubt:

8. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Have a look at this thread from BOClean forum Wildtangent it seems a combination of spybot and tds-3 will do the trick. :)

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

To remove the Web Driver, and associated software, please do the following:

Open Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs
    Select the WildTangent Web Driver
    Click Remove
    Select the WildTangent Updater
    Click Remove
    Select the WildTangent GameChannel
    Click Remove
    Reboot
    After uninstallation, open your Windows directory, and delete the wt folder
    Delete the c:\program Files\WildTangent directory
    If you manually deleted the folders prior to uninstalling the software, you will need to reinstall the Web Driver with Gamechannel, then follow the instructions above. You can find the Web Driver with Gamechannel installer at: http://www.wildtangent.com/default.asp?pageID=webdriver_download

Please Note: If the Wildtangent Control Panel icon still appears in the Windows Control Panel, you may need to search your computer's hard drive for any occurance of the files "wtcpl.dll" and "wtcpl.cpl" and remove it. This occassionally occurs when an older version of the Web driver was partially removed.

To remove a game, please follow the instructions below

Open the Windows Control Panel, and select the "Add/remove programs" icon. (Start -> Settings -> Control Panel)
    Locate the game you wish to remove in the list, and select it.
    Click Remove (or Change/Remove)

I have dine this before on several computers...

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

10. duq_jacq

duq_jacq Registered Member

I had this exact same problem. Following all the advice above did not help. Here is what did help:

Go to Run
    Run "msconfig"
    Of the five tabs at the top, select "Startup"
    Uncheck the box for startup item "cdaEngine0400"
    Click okay and your computer will restart.
    This should get rid of it.

11. Good info Duq_Jacq. I followed your example and you are right that the dll error message did not occur however I got a message saying that MSCONFIG was now in Diagnostic Mode. I did not want to leave it that way nor did I want to go back to previous config so I did the following. Some people are squeamish about editing registry entries so either make a copy of your registry or be extremely careful to select the proper key.

Put MSCONFIG back in Normal mode. This will reselect the startup dll you just deselected. Don't hit the MSCONFIG panel Apply or OK yet.....

Go to START
    Run "regedit"
    Follow the path to the offending dll using the path in the startup item window of MSCONFIG
    (ex:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run)
    Select and Delete the KEY entry corresponding to "cdaengine0400.dll"
    Exit/Close regedit window will save registry item changes.

Now go ahead and hit OK on the MSCONFIG window and your system will prompt to reboot/restart.

When the pc rebooted I no longer had any error messages.

12. pfneuro

pfneuro Guest

I have the same problem
    everytime when I start the computer, it will say that it cannot find this file
    - WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll - as if it is very important

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.