Help with Acronis TI 10 recovery

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hayStack, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayStack

hayStack Registered Member

This is the first time I have used a recovery program. So I truly do not know if 10 hrs is the norm for a disk partition recovery from archive. This is after I have reinstalled software, downloaded updates, etc. Should I not have done that? But, hey, we are only talking 14 GB. I am loading from an I/O Magic external drive (60 GB) to a Sony Vaio PCG-GRV550, via an USB 1.0 wire.
    Just would like to know if I am doing something wrong, if the hardware is the problem, or if it ALWAYS takes 8-10 hours to recover. Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks!!

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

USB 1 is the bottleneck. If you get a usb 2 card the recovery will go much faster.

3. hayStack

hayStack Registered Member

Thanks - but please be so kind as to tell me what should I consider "faster"?
    Am I still looking at hours? Or should it be less than 1 hour? I truly do not have a clue (as you can probably tell) how long this process should take. Again, thanks for your response - I truly do appreciate it!

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

14Gb - is that the size of the Image file or the size of the used space on your hard drive. In any case my guess is about 20 minutes for a recovery.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hayStack,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that USB Hi-Speed rate up to 480 Mbit/s (60 MB/s), while USB 1.1 allowed a maximum transfer rate of 12Mbits/s (1.5 MB/s). Check this article for details.

Thus, if the image archive file size is 14 GB, the restoration of the image via USB 1.1 might take several hours.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.