Help with Acronis TI 10 recovery

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hayStack, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayStack

hayStack Registered Member

This is the first time I have used a recovery program. So I truly do not know if 10 hrs is the norm for a disk partition recovery from archive. This is after I have reinstalled software, downloaded updates, etc. Should I not have done that? But, hey, we are only talking 14 GB. I am loading from an I/O Magic external drive (60 GB) to a Sony Vaio PCG-GRV550, via an USB 1.0 wire.
    Just would like to know if I am doing something wrong, if the hardware is the problem, or if it ALWAYS takes 8-10 hours to recover. Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks!!

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

USB 1 is the bottleneck. If you get a usb 2 card the recovery will go much faster.

3. hayStack

hayStack Registered Member

Thanks - but please be so kind as to tell me what should I consider "faster"?
    Am I still looking at hours? Or should it be less than 1 hour? I truly do not have a clue (as you can probably tell) how long this process should take. Again, thanks for your response - I truly do appreciate it!

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

14Gb - is that the size of the Image file or the size of the used space on your hard drive. In any case my guess is about 20 minutes for a recovery.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hayStack,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that USB Hi-Speed rate up to 480 Mbit/s (60 MB/s), while USB 1.1 allowed a maximum transfer rate of 12Mbits/s (1.5 MB/s). Check this article for details.

Thus, if the image archive file size is 14 GB, the restoration of the image via USB 1.1 might take several hours.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.