Help with 2.5 inconvenience

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Parputt, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parputt

Parputt Registered Member

I say inconvenience because it is not really a problem. Here is the situation. I use this site to check my DSL speed: http://www.testmy.net/results_d.php

In the past (with previous version of NOD) I would get very accurate results. With NOD v. 2.5 the test seems to run twice and my upload and download are doubled. I can see in the bottom right hand corner of my screen that NOD seems to be scanning the sample file used to measure upload and download. I have tried manipulating numerous settings within NOD, but still get the inflated score.

This has turned into a mission for me. I am not all that concerned with the speed test working, I just want to know what setting in NOD is causing the test to act the way it is.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

for the test, Set your explorer in the compatibility mode.

3. Parputt

Doh, color me stupid. Man, I swear I tried that earlier. Must have switched the wrong IE. Thanks it works now.

4. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi Parputt:

In version 2.5 you should add http://www.testmy.net to the Server Compatibility list in the IMON/Setup -HTTP tab in lieu of turning off IE in Higher Efficiency mode.

Drop us a note on how it works.

5. Parputt

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner folks. You see, this is what happens when people install a great product and never have problems. I have seen the Server Compatibility list and never bothered to find out exactly what it was for. Now I know. Great product!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.