Help Windir.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by dadooo, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dadooo

dadooo Registered Member

3. Type "REN %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\WBEM\REPOSITORY %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\WBEM\REP.OLD" and press Enter.

What is windir? How to write?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The default Windows directory (e.g. C:\Windows for Windows XP)

3. dadooo

dadooo Registered Member

Thank you. That is how I saved my problem with windows security center, nowI have only one problem:D... my computer is fresh formated and i've installed nod32, now my wsc says that there is a more than one antivirus installed.
    What to do?
    Tnx

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

5. dadooo

dadooo Registered Member

I don't have something else, only nod32

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You must be completely sure that it is NOD32 only installed as antivirus (no other AV) . You must also be sure that if you had any other AV installed before , all leftovers are completely removed.

If the above conditions are true , then "repair" the WMI as suggested by Blackspear/Agoretsky in the above link or use this procedure:

After restart , the machine might take some more to load , this is because of the WMI service starting again and "taking some info" (let's say it so)
    In step 5 , note that the part C:\ might differ if you have installed Windows in partition with different name .

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Should you still have Security Center issues , just open Control Panel -> Security Center -> "Change the way the Security Center ..." and uncheck Antivirus protection . Confirm with OK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.