HELP - URGENT

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by SAFFY575, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAFFY575

SAFFY575 Registered Member

I have ran the Norton AntiVirus several times, and it shows:

The compressed file C:/Program Files/BullsEye Network/bin/adv.exe within C:\WINDOWS\system32\mac80ex.idf is a Adware threat.

The compressed file C:/Program Files/BullsEye Network/bin/adx.exe within C:\WINDOWS\system32\mac80ex.idf is a Adware threat

The compressed file C:/Program Files/BullsEye Network/bin/bargains.exe within C:\WINDOWS\system32\mac80ex.idf is a Adware threat.

The compressed file C:/WINDOWS/system32/msbe.dll within C:\WINDOWS\system32\mac80ex.idf is a Adware threat.

I don't want to use HiJack.exe at all as I am not an expert on this. I have already ran the Adware SE Personal and so far it is not picking the above files.

What I need to know can the mac80ex.idf be deleted? o_O Or what other ways can you suggests to get rid of the infected compressed files.

Any help would be much appreciated. The file has been a complete sore point for us as we have been searching on the internet for days to find a way to get rid of it etc but with no avail. o_O

2. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

Not familiar with that one, maybe try Spybot as well, it will find stuff that Aadware does not

3. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Have a look at this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=59603

Try and clear the troublesome files from mac80ex.idf , to avoid deleting the whole file.

Bargains.exe is sometimes associated with the Bargain Buddy problem, see here:- http://www.safersite.com/PestInfo/B/BargainBuddy.asp

But I expect you want a second opinion, to avoid an FP on any of the files, so you could try Trend Micro here: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Let us know what happens. If you really do have Bargain Buddy we may have to think of something else. If a HJT log is necessary it is very desirable you take it to the correct Forum and do not try deleting things with it yourself.

I really would have expected AdAware to pick this up - are you quite sure you have it configured to scan within archives? If you have, it could be another problem or a Norton FP.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

From what I have just read you have "Bargain Buddy" installed, and following the comprehensive steps found in General Cleaning should get you all sorted out. The steps mentioned use software that ought to be part of your security, as an absolute minimum. Once your system is clean, please don’t hesitate to ask further about using these and other security software to protect your computer.

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.