Help to print HP on XP

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WonderingStranger, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WonderingStranger

WonderingStranger Registered Member

Hi everybody ;)

One of my friends recently decided to take the step from w98 to wXP Pro.
    Everything seems to be working ok, but he called me a couple of hours ago to tell me that he had problems when trying to print on his HP Printer.

XP does recognize the printer, and appropriate pilots were installed from the HP accompanying cdrom.

The printing instructions are launched, and the tasks are visible in XP on wait, but nothing happens. The printing procedure hangs, sometimes for hours before actually printing. :(

Has anyone ever encountered such type of problems, and is there some specific twist to make in XP to solve it? Maybe something to do with printer sharing? I think this option has been disabled...

Any advice appreciated... ;)

Thanks

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have had that problem in xp with an HP printer. delete the printer software and reinstall again. be sure to follow the instructions closely and make sure to have the printer as default.

3. WonderingStranger

WonderingStranger Registered Member

Thanks
    I guess I'll have to try that...
    Did you have to try many times before succeeding?
    Cheers

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It worked the second time ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.