Help TDS3 files corrupted

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by CSalsman, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSalsman

CSalsman Registered Member

I had Mcafee pop up and tell me that it had cleaned a trojan (I forget what it was called, and dont know how to find the Mcafee log yet) Anyway, I noticed TDS3 had frozen up, so I rebooted my system. (When I would try to maximize TDS3 from the taskbar, nothing would happen)

Now when I boot up TDS3 doesnt start, and when I manually run it, nothing happens, yet I see it listed as running in Task Manager.

I was going to try and reinstall, but it says ExecProtection will not allow the files to be overwritten! Kind of a catch-22 eh?

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Did you try with mcafee disabled too?
    Anyway, when reinstalling TDS make sure any scanner and protection is closed completely for TDS to install properly.
    Mcafee has some kind of quarantine which you can reach from the console and there should be a log as well. I don't run mcafee since many years so i can't give a step by step guidance to it, but this is how i have seen it somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.