Help! - Server 2008 & True Image Echo Server Bld 8.353

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by skot999, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skot999

skot999 Registered Member

Hi All - My server is running Windows SErver 2008 Standard 64bit with Hyper-V. I'm trying to back a couple VHD files - (The VM's are running.). I'm getting the following error message:

E00040007:Failed to backup file or folder 'D:\VM\VM.vhd'

Error opening the file. (0x40007)
    function="CreateFileW",
    filename="\\?\D:\VM\VM.vhd"
    tag=0xA8A1022BD18AE037
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (oxFFF0)
    code=80070020)
    Tag=0xBD28FDBD64EDB8AF

Is acronis having issues using Microsoft's VSS writer?

I used to be able to do this with this version of Acronis on Windows 2003 Server 64bit. Any ideaso_O

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello skot999,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows

Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server supports Windows Server 2008, so this is not an issue. Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server provides technology to automatically utilize Microsoft VSS service to create consistent backups of opened files/folders or databases.

Enable VSS support from Tools -> Options Default Backup Options -> Database support. Check user guide chapter 6.3.4 Database support for more information.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.