HELP: Secruity Tool Trojan! Trojan horse Crypt, Statik, Olmarik

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Avail, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avail

Avail Registered Member

Hi I am having a tough time removing this annoying Trojan! I do not know how i got cause I don't go to dangerous sites.

Here is info on it
    -http://www.securitytoolremoval.net/-

I used AVG to remove it and it remove Trojan Horse Crypt.ABDF

And I thought this horrible Trojan was remove but it loaded itself up again! with the secruity tool popping up again! So i used Nod to try and remove it. So far while doing an in depth scan on just the users name. The on line shield found the Win32/Statik trying to connect to the internet!

and it also found the win32/Olmarik.aft Trojan

Still scanning to see if it got everything.

Is this all I have to do rid this pest? Or is there more I need to do to completely remove it?

Can anyone help me if anyone has exp with it should i submit it to Nod? Or does Nod already know of this virus?

Will a Trojan remover be more effective?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2010
  2. Avail

Avail Registered Member

Hi Nod can't seem to remove it when I do a scan on the users. The Win32/Statik keeps popping up.

Do you know what options can i take? I will try to use a trojan remover to see if that works..

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you tried running a scan with the ESET Online scanner in safe mode (with networking) ?

4. Avail

Avail Registered Member

No I did not try to scan it in safe mode. But I have reinstalled windows and will format the comp and try and find out what is causing the security tool to keep popping up when I open Opera.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.