HELP! RVS 2011 Uninstall and Repair problems

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by man, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. man

man Registered Member

Hi,

When I try to Uninstall, in the middle of the Uninstall process I get this message from the Returnil Virtual System 2011 Setup Wizard:

Could not delete key \System\CurrentControlSet\Services\rvsystem. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

When I try to Repair, in the middle of the Repair process I get this message:

The installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\rvsmon.sys.

I am a newbie and don't know why this is happening. Please help! How can I successfully get around this obstacle and uninstall RVS 2011 ??

Thanks!

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi man and welcome to the forums :)

Are you logged in as a computer administrator? If not, log into your admin account and then attempt the process again.

Mike

3. man

man Registered Member

Yes, of course, I was using the only account -- and the only administrator account -- on this computer. This fact was already on my mind and exacerbated the confusion and frustration I feel in the face of this. Does it mean a hacker superimposed another hidden user account onto this computer? Or is it just a Returnil bug or error ? Why did it happen? Any ideas?

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

In the eternal words of the British writer Adams: DON"T PANIC!

It is difficult to say what the root issue is until we get a chance to look through the troubleshooting and diagnostic logs so it is way too early in the process to suspect anything or to establish cause. In most cases it could be nothing more than a possible incompatibility or even block by something else on your system.

To look into this further, I need you to open a support ticket by sending a complete report (description) of everything that happened, when it happened, and the text of any error messages as best you can remember with the following information to support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot) com:

The rvs3.log and rvs3.inst.log files in the following folder:

XP, Sever 2003:

C:\Documents and Settings\all users\application data\returnil\rvs3\log"

Vista, Win7, Server 2008:

C:\ProgramData\Returnil\RVS3\log

* MSINFO32 report: Click START > RUN > Type MSINFO32. On the System Information screen click FILE > Export and then save the file where you can find it to attach to your reply.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.