HELP QUICK LOL

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by pazuzu, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pazuzu

pazuzu Registered Member

infection

i have just confgured tds to stmtp (thx jooske :D) upon
    receving some mail i closed off these ports but think i am infected w slammer worm and one called vb bubble on tcp interrogation , tried taking screenshot but i dunno where its gone grr . please help . pazuzu , sql patch fails to respond upon loading ?? any tips ...

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

What makes you think you could be infected? Did a scan alarm on anything?

3. pazuzu

pazuzu Registered Member

yes i saw arbitrary code and the word slammer . i do not program , ie6 keeps getting knocked over , opera now , lol ha . i think slammer is trying to "phone home"
    the actual words were virus detected . and then coding .
    recieving a lot of malformed/crafted pkts since posting here lol ? oh well . but have asviewer results and tds logs for 2 days submitted to support. do'nt really want to fdisk , but alas who knows , as always ty .. time for portscan i think

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      299 bytes
      Views:
  4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Is this from your firewall?
    A portscan on a certain port doesn't mean immediately you're infected.

At least make sure your firewall is up, you might like to test your ports at grc.com -shieldsup and all available tests including all ports you like especially to be tested.
    As TDS doesn't detect viruses, which program warned and what did you do then?

At least try one of the online scans as a second opinion; during that you best close your installed av/at (tds is not necessary as it doesn't run resident)
    and you might like not to set the online scans for automatic cleaning but do that afterwards once you know the results log.

5. Lana irwin

Lana irwin Guest

How do I enable or find firewall protection o_O

6. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi Lana

Welcome to wilders :D

If u need firewall help start a new post here

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/index.php?board=23

Snowbound

7. pazuzu

pazuzu Registered Member

hi jooske thanks for a speedy reply , yes it was a fwall log . but i did a TDS environment settings check and it came up there . been offline for a couple , duh @ me for not setting 1 bios setting to enable instead of auto lol , modem of course lol . i was using trend's pc-cillin , but alas their customer support sux , so have gone back to good ol' AVG . clean now , downloding spyware guard and mru blaster , Thanx Javacool . and wilders :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.