HELP! problems with RVS 2011

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by man, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. man

man Registered Member

Hi,

Ever since a few days ago I have seen, at various times, the rvsmon.exe process taking up 99% of my CPU usage and nearly stalling my computer. So then in the Communications tab I set it to "Never" download updates to see if that would make a difference, but it has still happened a couple times since that change.

Around the time that these problems started, a very huge red backwards R (exactly the same as the Returnil symbol) appeared on my desktop screen for a few seconds. That huge red Returnil symbol had never appeared before.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. man

man Registered Member

PS: My version is:

Returnil Virtual System 2011 Version 3.2.12472.5765-REL13

3. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Try turning off the automatic rescan with update in Virus Guard.

that is just the "splash screen" that appears during boot. You are more likely to actually see it when you manually launch the service; otherwise, the screen doesn't show on most modern, fast computers.

Mike

4. man

man Registered Member

I am using RVS 2011, which does NOT have any Virus Guard, hence no "automatic rescan" function. So any ideas about why rvsmon.exe would take up 99% of my CPU usage o_O

Also, on a couple occasions, I would kill the process, and then it would immediately reappear again and go back to hogging 99% of the CPU. Any ideas?

5. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

It sounds like some form of interference as I describe in your other thread. Please read through that reply and send us the requested logs through the support system so the QC team can take a deeper look at what might be happening and why.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.