HELP problem true image 11 vista

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nolannolan, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nolannolan

nolannolan Registered Member

Hi

i am testing trueimage v 11 before buy, i created a boot cd to test if the software really works when i really need it - this is what happened during the boot up - it dont work:

I'd like recover image create with "True Image V11". When I launch via boot disk I see : "Acronis Loading" after that "Disabling IRQ #20" and the system hangs

I then tried removing the USB devices as far as i could (mouse and keyboard is connected via USB and of course cannot be removed) - thereafter i could make true image 11 boot to the menu. But it could NOT find ANY drives on my system.

I read that i could make a bootable CD for safe mode - but in the menu of true image (in windows vista environment) there is NO option to make safe mode boot CD only full version. Why and what to do ?

I think the programme is rather poor if full version cannot be used ( many users complain about that) - what is the differences between using full mode and safe mode - are backups equally safe ?

Why dont it work in full mode - it seems to be a common problem with your aplication that it dont work

PS im using vista premium (NOT updated to SP1)

Using intel quad 2.66 GHz, 4 GB ram

please advice - since i do not even consider buyng the product if this is an issue

PPS posted tech support - havent heard any sound after 4 days!:(

regards Nolan

2. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

Now where have I heard this tale of woe before? Of course, out of my own mouth! One of the regulars here said "stay with it, it will work eventually". Well he was sort of right, it does work now, but only with the help of a VistaPE boot disk which cost another $4.99 for the script.

The Safe Mode addon can be downloaded from your account, but of course that means you have to buy the product and register it to get it. Maybe you can get it for the trial version, I don't know. But even that didn't work for me - it could see some of my drives but not all.

Despite all this nonsense, now it's working as it is intended to I simply wouldn't be without it, and I've since added Disk Doctor to the armoury too.

So my advice - and I didn't initially believe I would ever say this - is go for it, and the incredibly knowledgeable and helpful ppl here will not only help you to get it working but they will also show you how to get the very best from it.

Good luck!

EDIT - forgot to say $50 on you are using SATA drives

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  3. nolannolan

Hi

thanks but if i get this right:

1. i have to buy true image for 50 USD
    2. i have to buy some other script/application for another 50 USD to make the first purchased application work in the first place

3. i cannot use full mode but only safe mode at the best

4. support by acronis is poor - havent heard a sound in 4 days?

with all the requests for help as can be seen in this forum it seems the application is loaded with bugs/not matured for vista?

Why should i buy this application ?

Although im aware this could be interpreted as complaining over true image - please dont misunderstand me - im not - im merely trying to summarize my present perception to be challenged or verified ;-)

Any comments appreciated as i have to decide on a really good software for backup

regards Nolan

4. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

The VistaPE ATI 11 script is $4.99, not $49.99! It will then work to its full capacity, no restrictions at all.

I agree you should not have to pay extra to get this app to work, but I just take the view that at $55 all up it is the best value available.

5. SandC

SandC Registered Member

The original software does not boot so you have to buy another piece of software from another manufacturer and spent a lot of your time to get it to work. If there is a problem, then everyone points their finger as someone else and says that it is their problem. That is not the way consumer software should work! We want to use our computers and not have to be software folks to make it work!
    (I have two computers that I just installed True Image 11 on that have the Vista Home Premium and essentially the same set-up. One works great with TI 11 and the other one does not.)

6. nolannolan

Hi

you wrote 4,99 USD for the additional programme - but you also wrote "EDIT - forgot to say $50 on you are using SATA drives" - i have sata drives so it is app 100 USD for a solution that "maybe" works ?

if i only wants a clone application that takes a mirror of the hard drive - what can true crypt do (even if it would work on vista) that vista build in backup cant ?

I have an old norton ghost 2003 that makes perfect clones - i only have to do a repair with the vista installation disc after restore but its fast and flawless - true image seems not to be a well developed/matured application at the present state - ?

thanks

regards Nolan

7. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Why not check out other drive imaging software since there are problems currently with TI 11 and your hardware.

Since you have Vista Ultimate, check out the Vista image backup. It has some limitations, but it's part of your Vista package and will certainly work with your hardware. Note that to restore, you need a bootable Vista DVD.

If another program works perfectly with your hardware out of the box, I think you'll be happier.

Here's a PC Magazine review of several products including True Image:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2259168,00.asp

8. nolannolan

Thanks

ill have a look - i am to put it very mild - very very disappointed with acronis tech "support" too i still have not heard anything from them even after 6 days!

poor support too it seems :mad:

thanks

regards Nolan

9. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

mustang has a website where for $4.99 you will get a plugin for TI 11 and for $1.99 you will get an excellent beginners guide. You download VistaPE or bartPE or Winbuilder, you copy your windows CD or DVD to a folder, put the plugin in the plugin folder and winbuilder does the rest.follow the simple instructions on mustangs guide and you are there.

You can if you want and if you have a Windows XP cd, use that and Winbuilder will do what you want and it is easy to use.
    thats what I do did. My Winbuilder XP CD works great in Windows vista.

BTW, Acronis has a plugin for TI 11, but, mustangs TI 11 plug in has all the features of TI 11, Acronis does not.

mustang also has a plug in for disk Director 10.

10. nolannolan

ok thanks all for fast response - much appreciated,

i however has decided not to go any further with tha acronis true image product for the (to me at least) obvious reasons:

1. apparantly no support - i have still not heard anything from acronis tech support after a week now - unacceptable
    2. the application doesnt work - apparantly needs a work around from a third party supplier - not a professional or convincing approach by acronis

ill start looking for something else - read great review on ShadowProtect Desktop 3.1 - any comments hereto (i know this may be the wrong forum to ask such but gave it a shot since some of you may hate tested that too) ?

thanks

Nolan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.