HELP:Problem booting after NOD32 installation

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by MenosZero, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MenosZero

MenosZero Guest

This is the third time I try to install NOD32 without success. After installing NOD32 a do a restart and then the computer hangs in the booting screen for 1/2 minutes (screen with old windows skin) then appears again the boot window, now with the correct XP skin, but hangs for about 4 minuts, the enters my login screen and after 6 minuts of wait, I reboot the machine enter in safe mode, uninstall NOD32 and now I can access my computer.

Any help will be appreciated.

MenosZero
    ----------------------------
    Notebook Compaq Presario X1105EA
    Centrino 1.4Mhz
    512Mb Ram
    40Gb
    ATI 9200 64Mb

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

MenosZero

Do you have another antivirus program on your computer? If so, what program?

3. MenosZero

MenosZero Guest

I had, Kaspersky, but I uninstalled it

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Send an email to support@eset.com with a link to this thread.

Keep us informed if possible.

5. Big D1

Big D1 Registered Member

Just got a high priority update today for Windows XP that might address your problem.

Update for Windows XP (KB887742)

"This update addresses an issue that could cause your system to stop responding if certain firewall or antivirus programs are installed. You can help resolve this issue by installing this HTTP.sys update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer."

6. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

I'm interested to hear more about these boot screens your describing...What program do you use for them and what does that involve?

7. Gauthreau

Gauthreau Guest

Lately NOD and KAV haven't been playing well together. I was running both for a time, but when I updated to KAV version 5.0.227 from 5.0.121 things stopped responding. I would be able to boot up, but then the system would hang when the desktop appeared.

Tahoma has reported similar problems and found that disabling script checking etc. allowed both to be installled. When you do this, KAV becomes an on demand scanner only, with NOD as the resident scanner.

Neil

8. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

I've NOD32 as my main AV (of course :) ) and KAV as a backup scanner with all serviced disabled. Both AVs work great. KAV version 4.5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.