Help Please !!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Majestic100, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majestic100

Majestic100 Registered Member

I have two 160GB HDD's. I'm trying to use True image to create an image of the O/S partition on primary master to a partition on secondary master. Once complete I'd then have a bootable backup jsut in case. I intend to keep this updated at least monthly.

However whilst the creation process looks good, when I swop HDD's over in caddies the newly created disc hangs on start up. I've seen the message Acronis autopart: error script not found (or something similar)

Any reasons why can't get to boot ??

2. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Hi Majestic, a Acronis True Image image is not bootable. You need the start-up manager or boot disk to load True Image, then start the process of restoring your image.

Please take a look here :)

If this not an answer to your question, please rephrase.

3. Majestic100

Oh!!!!.

Both the HDD's I have are in caddies. I want a working copy of O/S partition from the primary master (bootable) HDD (caddy 1) on the secondary master HDD (caddy 2) with the intention of removing the secondary master HDD (caddy 2)and placing in the primary master (bootable) caddy 1 position. I'm sure I've done this using Acronis (True Image ?) before ?? but it doesn't seem to work now. Can it be done ??

4. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Hmmm, I would do this:

There are 2 drives: 1 and 2.

Make a image of your complete drive 1 (ALL partitions) (recommend: to external backup medium -> CD/ DVD /external HD etc.).
    Now start a restore operation to drive 2.

Both drives are now the same, so switching should be no problem :D

Please let me know if this works (I'm just guessing here... :ninja: ).

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Did you use the Clone function rather than the Create Image function before?

Cloning makes the two drived identical. Be careful that there isn't data on the second drive that you need to keep before making it the object of a clone operation.

6. Majestic100

Just done it !!.

What I used was the copy partition function of Director Suite ! - I knew I used Acronis before to do this.

Loaded Director Suite. Formated Disc 2. Copied O/S partition from Disc 1. No disc letter. Exchanged HDD's. On boot up Acronis kicks in and assigns driver letter (c:) and does whatever wlse is required, reboots and up comes windows. All functioning perfectly.

Thanks all for taking time to respond. Help always appreciated.

7. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Don't thank Acronis for that. Thank Bill, since its his code that does the magic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.