Help Please

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by alan007, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alan007

alan007 Registered Member

I installed the new version of Spyware Blaster; everything was just fine. Then installed the updated definitions. Then all my browsers were slower than a dial up connection. they load but they lock up and sometimes it takes a minute to have access to the web page. I was able to uninstall and reinstall my Netscape and Firefox. Now at least those two work fine. Opera never had a problem as it was not effected by Spyware Blaster. Howerver I cannot restore my internet explorer no matter what I do.
    I tried to uninstall Sypware Blaster using the uninstall instructions but this had no effect on IE Explorer. I tried a system rollback but this did not work either. I tried to edit the registry but I still could not remove and reinstall IE Explorer. I did set the dword in IE Explorer to 0 so I could reinstall; this did not work. I removed everything from the registry that referenced Spyware Blaster. I restored all my internet security options back to the default settings. Nothing works.
    Does anyone have any idea how to restore the orginal settings so there is no lockup? Does anyone know how this programs modifys IE Exploer so I can go back and restore my settings?
    FYI; I did remove the protection in Spyware Blaster for all the browsers before I removed it.
    Please help! :'(

2. alan007

alan007 Registered Member

Hello,
    Never mind RoboForm is what was messing the system up not Spyware Blaster.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey alan,

Sorry we did not catch this thread earlier but glad you got it all fixed. We also appreciate you taking the time to report back even if it wasn't SpywareBlaster causing the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.