Help Please!!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by hot4dan, May 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hot4dan

hot4dan Registered Member

I've just upgrade to high speed and 5 min. after, popups started and others junk...

now every time I open Internet Explorer my viruscan warn me;

exploit-codebase.gen and exploit-mhtredir.gen , I can't do anything about it... after doing a complete scan I found a Trojan 2(1) and can delete it , but it always come back even with my viruscsan, the restore option is off also
    and I have a spybot and adware remover.

my upload and download go crazy, I cant open any properties, add or remove progs, open internet options,

I try to update windows xp always get 12 critical but the same everytimes, I tried to install a patch from microsoft for Sasser it start but stop after a few seconds... :(

now I have a firewall. but still nothing works because that d... virus seem to enable me to update or install anything to get it out...

HELP!!!

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi hot4dan, and welcome.

Could you follow the instructions in this post:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

Then post your hijackthis log over in the adware, spyware & hijack cleaning forum where someone will review it and reply with instructions on what may need to be fixed.

Please do not fix anything in hijackthis by yourself as most of what it will list will be harmless and even essential to the operation of your computer.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.