HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'hardware' started by roydaman2, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roydaman2

roydaman2 Registered Member

ok not sure what forum to put this in but i have a huge problem?! ive gotta dell optiplex gx110, it has a 1.8 P3 processor, 512 DDR RAM and ive tried from a 20g to an 80g hard drive my problem is the computer BSOD about a month ago so i didnt have time to mess with it and let it sit last week i pulled it out dusted it off and tried it out nothing loaded BIOS and then went to the black screen with the white bars that fill as it loads then did nothing, i have a windows XP pro SP2 black edition CD i "acquired" a while ago and ive used it a few times before on my other systems it has always worked great until now ive tried 4 different hard drives in the computer and everytime i format the drive [both quick and normal] then it starts "copying windows files" with the blue background and yellow load bar it usually gets about 40% done [that takes about 3 hrs] then just kinda stalls out ive tried it with a friends XP SP2 CD also and it did the same thing i know this is alot to read but help would really really be appreciated

2. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

you have a bad motherboard or memory, if you have 2 memory sticks remove one and try reinstalling windows.

Also see if you can run a linux livecd on your computer. That can test your hardware.

If you have been getting any input/output errors, that can be the motherboard. I encountered something similar a while back, where I encountered a bsod. I tried different hard drives (my first suspicion bad hard drive), also windows wouldn't load. Like you I tried different windows cds. I changed the motherboard and that fixed it.

From looking up your computer on the internet, it was reviewed in april 2000, so it could be the motherboard is finally going out.

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Right. Thread closed.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.