Help Please!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by 1wizzkidd, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1wizzkidd

1wizzkidd Registered Member

Wuz up 2 everybody,

Every time i go to start then run cmd an alert pops up and tells me that a person or program is using this file, and the samething happens when i try to access my taskmgr. I have a windows xp/os. I'd like to know why this is happening and how to correct it. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    1wizzkidd

2. aka:snowman

aka:snowman Former Poster

KIDD

So you have some issues, huh.........un-fortunately your post was just a little confusing...........when you mention trying to run (cmd) do you mean that you are trying to run "Command Line"......or do you mean that you are going to: Start......>RUN..........then entering (CMD).........?

A couple of questions if I may........do you have an Anti Virus Program and a Anti Trojan Program..............also, do you have any Anti Spyware Programs......something like Adware or SpywareBlaster.......?

The more information you can provide the better chance that someone here at the Forum can help you................

3. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

You may be infected by a worm. There are several on-line scanners that may be able to detect it. Trend Micro's Housecall is one. Kaspersky has another. Here's info on a worm w/similar symptoms to yours:

HERE

4. aka:snowman

KIDD

Since JimIT usually knows what he is talking about...lets see about getting you some free programs that may help.........if you already have any of these programs just ignor this post:

Go to the provided link an download either of the two posted anti virus programs...both are free....you only need one"

1) AntiVir PE ......(Personal Edition Classic) offers the effective protection against computer viruses for the individual and private use on a single PC-workstation

2) avast!..... Home Edition is a complete anti-virus package, that is is free for registered home non-commercial users

http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/security/fwvirus.html

---------------------

EWIDO: anti trojan (trial version becomes freeware after 30 days)

http://www.ewido.net/en/

---------------------

SpywareBlaster 3.5.1

Prevent the installation of spyware and other potentially unwanted software!

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

-----------------------

This is only ment as a start.........of course do the online scan that JimIT mentioned...........an let us know how it works out....good luck !

5. aka:snowman

Kidd

Are you using the built-in firewall that comes with XP....or another ?

Double check to make sure its still enabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.