Help Please with Dynamic Re-Size

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by MLGITD, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MLGITD

MLGITD Registered Member

I need to increase the C: Drive on one of our servers. I have made space next to the c: drive by some judicious copying, but Paragon 9 will not resize, and Windows Server 2003 will not extend the C Drive because the disks are Dynamic.

What do I have to do to make this happen ? Will Version 10 help ?

Hopefully there will be an attached screenshot of the current configuration.

Thanks in advance

Richard Keith

Attached Files:

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello MLGITD,

It looks like you have 4 partitions, a dell utility, and free space between some of those partitions. If the hard drive is dynamic disk, we first must convert it back to basic. I also want to point out that if they are software mirrored, you have to break the mirror before converting. Simply go to disk management, right click the hard drive and remove mirror.

To convert to basic:
    Right-click where it says "Dynamic Hard Disk 0" and convert. The whole process should about 15mins and require a restart. Partition Manager will now let u freely resize any of those partitions.

-Tommy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.