help please with a few things, new user of NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bella888, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bella888

bella888 Registered Member

hi guys, just a new user od NOD32, i've just purchased the latest version of NOD32 as my pc has been infected by the trojan.downloader.zlob.aau - i couldn't get rid of it. it kept busy for a day and a half, i guess it does clones itself and renames itself another variant. from .au, .aaau to aau ... etc... you get my drift. but my question is, when scanning under safe mode(home xp) i got the following errors. if someone can please help on how to have these fixed i would really appreciate it.

1. 'error occurred while scanning operating memory. system memory cannot be scanned.(the kernel service is not running or an error occurred while loading nod32m1-vxd)'

2. 'error occurred while scanning MBR sector of the 2 physical disk. error reading sector.'

3. i keep getting errors saying 'error opening (file locked) [4] like for example 'c:\pagefile.sys - error opening (file locked) [4] - i have a lot of these 'locked files' unable to open or scan the sector.

4. i also got that anti-stealth teachnology initialization failed. the anti-stealth technology is working in limited mode error'

please guys or someone out there, help me how to fix this problem.

thank you in advance

2. mwd

mwd Registered Member

I am new to NOD also so your NOD errors I really can't help with. I can tell you that file locked messages would not be unusual at all in an anti-virus or a backup or defrag program. There are several files that are in use anytime your OS is loaded and consequently can't be messed with by NOD or any other program.

To have total access to an operating system you have to go outside of that operating system. Like booting to DOS to fix a Windows problem (although not the perfect example).

3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Question 2, 3 & 4 can all be found in the FAQ.
    Most functions won't work in safe mode (they require kernel access), only the on-demand scanner will work (nod32.exe).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.