Help Please!!! Spyware issue

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by sababa, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sababa

sababa Registered Member

Hi,

A while ago i realized that every time i plug in my HD Passport external hard drive to my PC some files that are stored on the hard drive are showing in my PC recycle bin, i checked a few times and these are the latest files i added to the drive. Once i eject the hard drive from my PC the files gone from the recycle bin. however, They are not deleted from the external hard drive. Recently i switched to a iMac and i purchased a new Seagate external hard drive and transferred all my files from the HD Passport to the Seagate drive, and now it does the same on my iMac, every time i plug the Seagate drive into my iMac some files (the latests i stored) are showing in my iMac recycle bin, once i unplug the drive from my iMac the files are gone from the recycle bin.

I am scared of what it can be and i would appreciate any help. What can it be? is it possible it is a spyware? If yes, how can i detect where it is and remove it?

Thank you very much!!!!!

Sara :)

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Normal behaviour as designed and nothing to be concerned about.

3. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

i think u have deleted some files of external hard disk to recyclebin.. But didnt empty recycle bin.. Thats y those files are shown every time u plugin that device.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.