HELP....Physical Memory Dump-fm Defender Pro Software-I think

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by gwens46, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gwens46

gwens46 Registered Member

Recently I uninstalled Defender Pro due to Virus Issues (the antivirus was hiding Trojans), Afterwards my system begin to shut down at startup. According to Windows, it said I had an Issue with Either the System Brd, Pwr Supply, Random Memory or Hdd.

The issue became so bad, until it shuts down 7-8 times,(or more) while booting up.

I changed memory, Hdd, PS, same issue. I did not change the System Brd.

I then switched HDD's from another known good computer, to the bad computer. I placed the good HDD into the bad computer and the Bad HDD into the good computer. Unexpectly, both computers started shutting down at bootup. same as in the bad computer,(7-8 times without booting up at all). Therefore, I reversed the HDD's back to their respective computers, the problem cleared up in the good computer, booting up normally. Now why would this happen? Goodness, I hope I'm being clear so someone can understand... I re-imaged (re-formatted) the Hdd in the malfunctioning computer, But it still shuts down on bootup. I'm on the good computer now. I KNOW it's a software setting causing the problem and I know Defender Pro caused the issue. After I uninstalled it, I located more files, for defender Pro, on the system. I deleted them. But now I'm trying to locate the reason for the issues. The unit begin to have Physical Memory Dumps (twice), that referred to software, ( I can't locate the message now.) But if someone can help me understand why swapping the Hdd's would have the same effect on both units, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm totally confused!o_O

Thanks for any input....Gwens46 :D

Is there a Virus on the Bad computer that cannot be cleared up?

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Which did you do, re-image using an existing back-up or re-format (wiping the disk to all 0`s). Just off the top of my head it sounds like a possible boot-sector virus. Followed by a possibly flaky motherboard on the bad PC. Have you run a HDD diagnostic tool on the affected HDD. You can usually download one from the manufacturers website.

3. gwens46

Thanks for responding....I re-formatted the entire HDD completely cleaned it off and then re-formated (Took a while.). But it still shuts off. The diagnositc software would be from the System brd Manufactor or Whereo_O?

4. ThunderZ

You should be able to download it from the hard drive manufacturer website. Also, sense you have replaced almost everything in the PC it would not hurt to open it back up and make sure everything is seated properly. Memory, video card, IDE cables, power supply cable running to system board etc. Also check external connections, mouse and keyboard in particular. Might not hurt to disconnect any external peripherals, printers, etc. until this gets sorted out.

5. gwens46

Thanks. I have disconnected all external items. I'll re-check all cable connections. Then run the diagnostics. If nothing, then I may be re-posting.

Thanks Again for your assistance and Idea's. I was fresh out of 'em.

G

6. ThunderZ

Good Luck. Maybe while you are away someone else will jump in with some ideas. Let us know how it works out.

7. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Try setting off the boot virus protection of your BIOS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.